Sunday, November 7, 2010

Watch me, starlight

          Inadequate to capture the distant gaze of hundreds of speckled eyes. Inadequate to change the distance of the Earth from the sun. Inadequate to raise hell into the hearts of every cold living human. But, applauding those who can, I elaborate on something I do. Watch me, starlight, see that I don't bequeath your spider-eyes to those blind men on the sea of city lights, that distant floating vassal in the night valley. I may sail my ship over distant ridge and hill to your humble shops ere midnight to buy pizza, but that does not make you the harbinger of joy. Merely the recipient of it
          Ode to them who stop at night and say there is no longer any day. They should be sleeping if they cannot handle the audience of an evening walk. Stop. Before you bring me morning, listen. I don't know where my tomorrow is (it comes to me), all I know is where I am right now. Catch me if you can, then, as hard as I run the sink water and douse the night air with another reborn dish. A sprinkle of hope. Let me breath life into another dying moment and let home be home once more. People no longer burn the midnight oil, they start the unsung jobs.
           Hold, I'm not letting you get away that easily. There is still the matter of finding something you've always wanted to do and then doing it. Daring to do the undone, undoing the done wrong, and overcoming the obstacles of life. You'll never catch me student loans! Avast, Geico. Fear not car. Your gas tank will always be full. Forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment