Sunday, August 1, 2010

Little widgets

   I open up the sky and see the distant stars. Every night. They fly without wings. Combustible. THey say we pass through solar systems all the time, but we don't even wave. Maybe we should all wave at the stars.
   People often fail to acknowledge the grand little things. They never seem to make the splash that the boulders do. The pebbles of the sky next to our large empty rocks. Lifeless silver.
   Where do you hide when you can't find the Sun? Find skipping rocks across the sky. Streaming into the unknown we go and we fall into orbit, fall around the world without landing. We end up in the middle of the night sky if you look right, but only if you look right.
   Dream a little with me. Find a little space for yourself beside me. Yes, beside me with yourself. And let me see it. Come to my place and I will look into yours. If you can just find stillness. Still-point, then you could learn as much about yourself as I know. And I don't know as much as you could. If you find that point where you can wave to the stars. Where you could just stop for a moment and realize that there is nothing better for you to do then to exist as what you are, before burning into action. Erupting into Color. Causing growth on some distant planet far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment