Sunday, March 21, 2010

Gratitude, Joy; Core

        I walked the street this week, down roads that seem unfit for walking. Cars blaring by, trees scarce, and grass still just waking up and waiting for the emerald blood to rush to it's head. But, oh could I walk in the daylight and feel the sun and know that there is God.
        I exist. I really do. I don't disappear every night, or cease with the coming day to present myself. I wake. We all wake. Why do we all wake? I wish I could be there for the deciding moment when one gets out of bed. See the resolve. The grit. The determination. The "yes life is, but it is" in their eyes. But, I am privileged I can see it in my own. Look here eyes, speak; tell me what i want to know.
        Walking then, and taking stock of how grateful I am to exist. How grateful I am for the color blue in the skies, and being able to see the color blue, and being able to feel in it that deep mesmerizing. Oh blue sky, Oh sunset, for having no judgment on what I am. To feel strength in God's creations, all of them, and to feel that sure attachment to my divine father in those choice moments of brisk air. Alive. I am alive and I know I am, and he knows I am, and I know he is, and I feel him in me as he felt me in him and bled for that feeling. And dear father loved him for it. I love him for it.
         Expansive: Walking and knowing I am grateful for more than this. Expanding out, My fathers love for those I love. Expansive, all knowing, all giving, all allowing, and I follow. Follow me him that I may love them. Look at his trust that I may trust them. Oh Father, how grateful am I for that love held for them I adore. Them I adore.
         I have made many promises in life. Many agreements. Agreements I would hope benefit all. Hands to shake and signatures to give. Hugs and kisses. We part for a time, but just for a time, as a trust is given. You can see it, see it in the wake they walk. See it in their eyes and hear it. Hear it in the way they talk. In the way they say goodbye. And, though I cannot see it in God's step, he leaves other ques. See him wink between the branches. Watch the lights at night high above, and feel yourself slip away in confidence.
         One starry night and I could see it in brown eyes. Defined look, strong moment. Affectionate seal. Sliding palms. And she walks.
        How grateful I am we all exist.

1 comment:

  1. affectionate seal is exactly right. how does this stuff come to you? You're so in tune with everything around you. how? I would really like to know, really.
    I am grateful we all exsist. All of us. You, Cory, I am so blessed to know you. so so blessed to rediscover gifts in myself what I thought was so wasteful long ago. thank you for sharing everything you do with me. I really...really appreciate knowing all of you that I know.

    ReplyDelete