Sunday, March 7, 2010

Comprehension

Certainly life is a scary thing. Never knowing what lies in that peripheral shadow: eyes unable to penetrate deep that dark ahead. We rely on someone who can. We find peace in divinity. We have a Father who knows. How very comforting! Because he knows, we can feel safe. Oh to feel safe! Oh to know! Learning, then, is a cure. Is mandate. Learning and taking to heart. Understanding. Not a normal knowledge we seek, but one that allows us the sight inside ourselves: lets us say "I." What an aware statement! To say "I" with confidence. To understand what we are as God does. What we truly are. And then, to begin to say I understand.

I understand: Me. I understand: this storm. I understand: this move, this question, this moment, this reason, this life. I understand ~this~ ?
           I understand why I did that...
                                                           I understand why you did...
I understand why!
I understand!
I understand!
...And when I don't I know someone who does. Divine someone, together we comprehend. We understand that there are no unfair endings. Only fitting ones.
And there:
Peace.

1 comment:

  1. "oh to feel safe!" it is assuring isn't it? I like this poem Cory.

    ReplyDelete