Sunday, January 17, 2010

While the sun shines

                 I think it fitting to write while the sun shines. The sky is clear for us, and for those that live on the second story of a house the ground is a second sky. The light reflects off the snow and makes the room unbearably bright. I can have my blinds tilted up and be prejudiced. Only ground sun for me! None of this sky nonsense.Way to express yourself. Almost as bright without the direct credit. Thank you sun, Now the praise I give is slightly abstract. Once removed. Like thanking the Lord for American cheese. Processed and acclimated to our taste. A way of taking what our Father made, and making it ours. Is that flattery or debauchery? I choose to think the former.
                 Perhaps an all inclusive thanks is in order then, to make sure I leave no facet of humanity that I do love without my praise. Thus, I am thankful for free will and this gigantic sandbox to play it in, where we can objectualize the good and the bad and attach stigmas to those objects to make them moral decisions instead of just matter. But, if all things were created spiritually first perhaps we are just reacquainting ourselves with their less visible nature. Ideas ideas.
                 I am still writing while the sun shines, and while I speak of light and cheese and gratitude and decisions and objects, this much remains constant enough for me. The sun is still shining, the world still moving, and wherever my mind does wander the gravity of reality brings me back like a shout from below. All I bring with me are my perceptions and my decisions. I thank the Lord for this grounding limitation. Shine on sun; one of life's many anchors on my turbulent sea of thought.
     
        

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I am writing Ulysses...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is as deep as the vivid imagery you are trying to portray....gigantic sandbox to play with agency in. It's so neat!

    ReplyDelete