Sunday, January 3, 2010

Old Year

             It seems to be the season for New years posts. Hopes and dreams are written in multiplicity, and like little notes in bottles then set out into the unknown. They will be tossed here and there; crushed and replaced. Some will reach their destination, the worn and wiser. I would speak of what mine were and are and have been. The new bottles upon the waves are hidden, sometimes from me, and I will not reveal them, but the old ones with conclusions; they deserve to be mentioned (in honor of those lost at sea).
            My mission ended this year. I arrived home in the latter end of April, three months before my scheduled release. I suffered an emotional breakdown and came home after twenty one months in the mission field.
            Working with my Father. Five months and the little computer shop was still open, I felt I was able to help with his financial situation.
            Meeting a lovely woman, being inspired to move North to get a job and filling out financial aid in hopes of attending college with her. Breaking up.
            On a whim getting into the Utah College of Massage Therapy a week late and without any money, but having everything taken care of.
            Making new friends and becoming reacquainted with old ones.
            Seeing the stars in Levan again.
            Kissing
            Christmas traditions
            Failing to make an unstoppable army of undead to crush those silly pixies
            Living half a mile from a temple
            Writing poems that will never be read.
            Writing poems that will be.
            Watching a villain named Tea Time get pushed down the tooth fairy's castle.  
            Understanding people.
            Getting hugged again.
            Loving others
            Starting a Blog
            Not dying
            Being with others that understand me.
            So many more... So much was accomplished. I am grateful for it all, every up and down. A happy new year to you all, one that is well crafted and mastered.
           

             

1 comment:

  1. "Writing poems that will never be read." They don't have to be unread. I think others would enjoy these as much as I do, as I LOVE the end of this one. Don't stop writing, this is good (:

    ReplyDelete