Monday, January 31, 2011

Where the snow falls

We have been in falling snow recently. I hear that in the distant states on the distant coasts it is worse than here, but here is our concern and there is theirs. Is it better to have copious amounts or minute portions? Teased or deluged, our preference?
    If I was to choose between all-at once or small increments (and, mind you, agony or pleasure be the preference) I would say yes to the agony and no to pleasure. I like to see all of my foe, but take joy in bite-size portions: always wondering what treat lies around the next corner.
    So let it all fall and I'll have my spring as early as I finish shoveling the walk. Who cares if the snow is 12 feet high, at least I know it is all I will be getting. But, alas, the weather is as divided as our needs and we only get what we are to deal with right now. It makes me wonder at people who get hurricanes. Maybe they're televisions look better soaking wet?

1 comment: